Nothing ground breaking this meeting but I’ll update you the best I can. First off a huge thank you to James Quinn who was so kind to donate a boat to the club for our float flys. It’s greatly appreciated and will be put to good use. Speaking of float flys, don’t forget that our next float fly is coming up August 30th.
As far as meeting notes, here’s what we have:
- Next year during the rainy season, increase mowing from twice a month, to four times a month, focusing on secondary runway and pilot area.
- Opted not to have a swap meet unless a group of members volunteered to host the event.
- Jerry Short wanted to remind everyone about the Dawn Patrol in the last weekend of September in Ohio (Thank you Jerry for the correction)
- A big thank you to Gerry Weltzheimer for spraying our field for weeds and keeping the runway from growing over.
- A huge good luck to Greg Dial who will be competing in the IMAC Worlds September 2nd-6th.
- Model of the month this month goes to Justin Greenfield with his P-39 Cobra
The weather for our meeting couldn’t have been better. Sure it was a little windy but welcome to Oklahoma. We got some great glider flying in and Rick Stone even managed to pull off another landing task for his LSF tasks. I pulled out a 8 minute thermal before the meeting but my landings were far and sketchy. Greg got in some freestyle practice and entertained quite the crowd including a few Highway 9 passerbys.
On a side note and an entertaining point, the boat so generously donated by James was ready to be pulled to our fearless leaders (Roberts) house and it was just him James Harwell and myself. Turns out the hitch didn’t quite fit Roberts Truck. James H made a run to the house to grab another ball, but Robert and I had another idea. This was the result:
Until next time, Happy Flying!